Monday, February 21, 2011

Bedside Table Reveal

Last week, I told you about my yard sale project. Well, I finally got it done on Saturday. Here's what it looked like before:


I used Young House Love's suggestion on how to paint it, which included starting by sanding everything down and then applying an oil-based primer. Next, I applied two coats of Glidden's Toasted Oatmeal, followed by a sealant. It all was very easy. As suggested, thin coats are the key. You don't want to goop it on or you will have a mess.

Here's what it looks like now:


I love it! Now, I have a cute bedside table in my guest bedroom.


I haven't placed anything on it yet because I want to give it plenty of time to dry so as not to mess it up. I will be adding an alarm clock and maybe a book or two for guests to flip through. I'd love to put a small lamp, too, but don't want to fill it up so much that it's completely full. I may have to look for a reading lamp at IKEA that will go on the wall.

I have one more planned project for this room and still need to buy a few more pillows, but I'm liking how it's coming together!


3 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Go Kristin! So cute. I actually need a table just like that!

lesliesews said...

Great job! Be careful, this hobby be contagious!

Kristin said...

Thanks, Court! Leslie, I've already seen the addictiveness of this habit! I can't wait to paint something else.