Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday Par-tay

It's Super Bowl Sunday and you know what that means, right?!? Good food and funny commercials! (You thought I was going to say football, didn't you?)

Our friends, Susan and Ernie, invited our family over to watch the Super Bowl. By "our family" I mean Landon, me, and our two dogs, Bug and Mitsu. 


Susan and Ernie have two dogs, too, and Bug and Mitsu love them. Matter of fact, every time we go to their house, I don't think Bug and Mitsu want to leave!

Well, in order to get ready for the party, I spent time yesterday making some food. Ernie is part of a group at his church called the "Holy Smokers." They smoke various meats and sell them to help fund missions. They recently cooked some ribs and pork, which we are going to get to enjoy tonight! Susan asked me to bring an appetizer and a side dish to go along with it, so I chose to make Spinach and Artichoke Dip and Potato Salad.

The Spinach and Artichoke Dip recipe is one my mom gave me. It's very easy and so good. Here's what you need:

Two 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese
One can of artichoke hearts, chopped
One package of frozen spinach
One stick of butter
Half a package of Parmesan cheese
garlic powder

Cook the spinach according to the package. Add the chopped up artichokes to the spinach while it is cooking. In a separate pan, melt the butter. Add the cream cheese, spinach, artichokes and a cup of Parmesan. Add garlic powder to taste. Place in a baking dish and cover with more Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees.

The dip is good with tortilla chips, bagels chips and even veggies. Here's a pic of mine before it went in the oven. It looks even better once it's all hot and gooey, but I'll be finishing it up tonight right before the party.


On top of all of my party cooking, I also decided to make homemade Red Beans and Rice from my newest cookbook for dinner last night. It was about a two-and-a-half hour process but so worth it! Doesn't it look good?!?



Mmmm ... I can't wait to chow down tonight! What are your plans for the big game?

2 comments:

Kairos said...

I'm making Kristin's spicy potato soup!

Kristin said...

Love spicy potato! Enjoy!