Sunday, August 21, 2011

10 Years Ago

I know it's been a while since my last post, and I feel like I must apologize. Not that I think you are all waiting around with bated breath for my next post, but I do feel bad I've been away for so long. Good news, though, I have many projects I'm ready to tackle in the next few weeks so I should have plenty of things to tell you about!

One of the reasons it's been so long since you've heard from me is that Landon and I took a trip to Nashville last weekend for our 10-year high school reunion. We are very lucky that we both graduated the same year from the same high school. It makes it much easier when it comes to reunions.

I was actually on the planning committee of the reunion and if I were perfectly honest, I would tell you that by the time the day of the event arrived, I was not very excited. Even though we had a great group on the committee, the planning process was a bit difficult due for a number of reasons. We weren't sure how many people would show, if we would break even or if anyone would have fun. So, after driving 11 hours to Nashville, I was a bit ready to just "get it over with."

BUT, I can't even begin to tell you how much fun the reunion turned out to be. After all the stress of planning, it was so much fun to hear the stories of where life has landed everyone and reminisce about our time together a decade ago. I think everyone had a great time, and I was proud to have been part of the team that made it happen. I am very glad we chose to go and can honestly say I look forward to the next one!

I'd love to tell you I took tons of pictures, but I didn't! So, here's one of me and Landon getting ready to go. I'm not really sure we've changed that much in 10 years, except, of course, a little weight gain!


Did you go to your last class reunion? How was it?



2 comments:

GLoria said...

Well I've been wondering where you were! Caleb and I both graduated together too. It's been five years already! Haven't had any reunions yet, but we're still friends with most of the people we graduated with. Small school, still in town...

Alicia said...

I'm going next year! Can't believe it's already happening. When we were 18, 10 years seemed like a lifetime.