Monday, August 22, 2011

Much Needed Organization

Landon and I did some much needed organization over the weekend. We decided it was time to get rid of some of our book collection. We had so many that will probably never be read again, so we actually thought it was a good way to make a bit of money. 

We filled three bags of books and took them over to Half Price Books, which will buy gently used ones. We knew we probably wouldn't get much for them. Most of them were pretty old and random. 

When we got to the store, they said it would be about 20 minutes until they would have our offer ready, so we perused the store waiting. In the end, they offered us $13. We knew we wouldn't get much, but I was at least hoping for $30! So, we decided that process wasn't hardly worth the time. I think next time they will get donated to Goodwill or some other charity.

But, one good thing did come of all of this. It cleaned out some room on our very full bookshelf. So, I started moving some things around and reorganizing. It doesn't look as nicely staged as so many on the blogosphere, but we still have to be functional at my house. And it looks better than it did.

I really need to think ahead when I start doing these kinds of projects. Because the "old" bookshelf looked so cluttered, I realized I never took a picture of it. I avoided it at all costs. So, I can only show you the "now" pic. But, just imagine this with layers and layers of books crammed in each "cubby."




We also decided to clean out the drawer of our guest bedroom desk. This drawer had turned into the "I don't know where to put it" drawer.


Let me just tell you a few things I found in this drawer -- old Christmas gift receipts, movie tickets, bills that had been paid, lots and lots of post-its. You name it, I found it. Landon and I actually had a good laugh going through it. There was so much random junk! Luckily, it looks like this now:


Much better! Now, if we can just get those college diplomas framed, we'll be golden!


No comments: