Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Scrumptious Birthday

Happy birthday, Joseph Armstrong! Thanks to Joseph, I got to make a scrumptious cake this week!

See, at Landon's work, they each draw names to determine who brings the cake on an individual's birthday. And, Landon drew Joseph's name. So, earlier this year, I asked Joseph what his favorite cake was to which he replied Texas De Brazil's Chocolate Mousse Cake.

I thought I could find a "copy cat" recipe online, but had no success. Luckily, I noticed my "America's Test Kitchen" cookbook had a recipe for a Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake. So, I marked it on my calendar to make on Sept. 15.

Well, I took on the challenge Sunday evening so Landon could take it to work on Monday.

The cake wasn't hard to make. The bottom consists of a flour-less chocolate cake, followed by a layer of decadent chocolate mousse and topped off with a light, creamy white chocolate mousse. Is your mouth watering yet? Let's just say total, there are 20 ounces of chocolate in the cake. It's amazing.

And, it was a crowd pleaser.



If you want a copy of the recipe, you can find it here. Trust me, it's worth it!


No comments: