Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Changing Things Up

First, I must say happy birthday to my little sister, Allison! I hope you have a fabulous day full of celebrations despite all the classes you have to go to today!

Allison with her daughter, McKinlee

Next, I must tell you some good news and some bad news. The good news is I was able to work all weekend on my dining room chairs. The bad news is I didn't get them finished. So, you'll have to wait a little longer to see the final product.

In the meantime, I thought I would tell you about a little change I made a few weeks ago ... I decided to switch the guest bedroom and office. 

I'm going to tell you this, but I don't want anyone getting any ideas. See, you might remember we put our desk in the closet of the office.


We decided that we really liked it and we wanted to keep it that way. Well, being a "planner," I decided that if we did ever have a baby, I didn't want to get rid of the closet office, so naturally, we would need to use the room that was currently being used as a guest bedroom as a future "baby's" room. 

Now, I told you, don't get any ideas. "Future" is the key word here. It's just I didn't want to decorate an entire room knowing it would one day change. Hence, why we decided to make the bedroom / office switch.

Landon was going to help me do this, but one night I got impatient (I know, hard to believe, right?), so I decided to do the move on my own. Thanks to our handy, dandy furniture movers, it wasn't too hard.

And, today, we have this ...

Excuse the mess ... we're still cleaning this room up!



The pictures above the bed will be going soon. Landon jokingly said our guests would enjoy the wall of "us." But, I have many other things to put on this wall. 

Really wish I had time to paint these rooms before our guests arrive, but considering how long the chairs are taking, I don't see that happening. So, "deep in the heart of Texas" will still be around to welcome them!


1 comment:

Kate said...

I think you should def. keep the deep in the heart of Texas forever!